Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Smile

Good morning dear reader, I am sending out a smile to you wherever you may be. A huge smile, one with lit up eyes. Let me tell you about my epiphany. I was at Safeway on Sunday picking up donuts (I just love donuts!) anyhow I was at the self checkout and the lady working there was in need of a break, and was very vocal about it. I looked up and smiled at her and asked if it had been a rough morning. She said it had. She was holding a Starbucks cup (I think that anyone with Starbucks coffee should be smiling and skipping about), so I asked her if the coffee wasn't working. Of course I was laughing and smiling, trying to pass some of the happiness I had (probably from the excitement of picking up donuts and surprising my family with them). She stated that the coffee wasn't working, that she had some really rude people that had come in on their way to church. They were upset that they were going to be late for church, and apparently wanted something for free. Anyway, we won't go into how that made me feel thinking about the couples witness coming in upset and admitting that they were heading off to church (or my witness I have had being a believer and being rude to someone). I kept talking to this nice lady and told her I was sorry, and that it wasn't nice what they did. She then said, that she was feeling much better, and "what a difference a smile makes." I of course smiled at her again, and told her that her day was going to get better, I was just sure of it!
I walked out of Safeway with a new perspective on life. It was as if God was saying, this is my message for you today. Please take it to heart...and oh I am trying. It made me think of how God wants us to have joy. Joy in even in the hardest of situations.
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds." -James 1:2
We need find the positive in it all, to know that He is in control no matter what happens. It makes me think of my lovely grandmother that is now with her Saviour. She was such a joyfilled person. I only remember her being mad one time. Once, I can't even go an hour without being upset by something. She would say, "Tiff, you need to be careful to plant flowers in your garden and not weeds." She was trying to tell me to remember the wonderful things in life not the bad things. Like it says in Philippians:
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."-Philippians 4:8
So today, I pray you have a joy-filled day! Rest assured that God is in control, He's got you covered! So go to Starbucks buy a coffee and be happy :) Oh and pick one up for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment